Quality Improvement and Strategic Plan
The Temagami FHT is dedicated to providing the best possible care for our patients. Here's how we're planning on maintaining quality health care and improving our facility and services.
Highlights of our 2015-2016 Quality Improvement Plan:
The Temagami FHT"s Quality Improvement Plan outlines a number of key improvement objectives which have been identified within the following four dimensions:
a) Increased access to same day/next day appointments as needed
b) Reduce ED use for conditions best managed by primary care
a) Improved access to primary care within seven days post discharge from hospital for select conditions
b) Reduce unnecessary hospital readmissions
3) Patient centred:
a) Improved overall patient experience
4) Population Health:
a) Improving flu shot rates for patients 65 years of age and older
b) Improved screening, surveillance and recall for early detection of colorectal, cervical and breast cancer.
All team members are committed to playing an active role in attaining the objectives of the QIP. Their dedication to our mission ensures that we make a positive difference in the lives of our patients and their families/caregivers.
Highlights of our 2015-2018 Strategic Plan
With the patient and family at the centre of everything we do, the Temagami Medical Centre and Family Health Team will focus their efforts on Chronic Disease Prevention and Management, Comprehensive Primary Care Services, Health and Wellness promotion, communication and partnerships.
Elements of the Strategic Plan
- Person centred with the focus being on the patient and their ability to access quality primary care in the right place and at the right time. We will endeavor to provide individualized care that anticipates and responds to the specific needs of our patients and their families.
- Engaged care. We will engage our patients and our partners in planning and delivering quality primary care services.
- Leadership. The TFHT will take a leadership role in developing an efficient health care hub in the community.
- Access. We ensure that everyone in the community has a doctor and access to all the health care services in a timely manner. Same day/next day access continues to be part of this strategy.
- Transitions.. Navigation through the health care system must be clarified with gaps between providers identified and closed.
- Integration. Health care providers must continue to work collaboratively to optimize the use of resources throughout the health care system.
- Communication. Improved communication at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Work environment. We ensure that the working environment is professional, enjoyable and fulfilling.
Strategic Goals and Objectives
1) In collaboration with our partners, we will provide an evidence-based, system-wide approach to chronic disease prevention and management that reduces the impact of disease.
2) We will partner to deliver comprehensive primary care services that are focused on access, quality and patient safety; ensuring that patients and their families/caregivers experience integrated, streamlined and coordinated health care services that cater to their needs.
3) Our Board will focus on effective governance for quality and patient safety.
4) Ensure the maintenance of our infrastructure (information technology, facility, providers and equipment) which is essential to ensuring continuity of health care services for our patients.