Your affiliation with the Temagami Family Health Team implies consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as it relates to your healthcare.
Our Family Health Team healthcare providers and staff are bound by law and ethics to safeguard your privacy and to keep accurate and up to date records.
The Temagami Family Health Team would use and disclose personal health information to:
- Communicate with your various providers in the circle of care, including your family physician and/other community healthcare providers or institutions necessary for continuity of care, in order to treat and support our patients.
- Support Law Enforcement and government agencies when the law requires it; such as in the case of victims of abuse, neglect or when ordered to do so in judicial proceedings.
- Support public health activities where mandated by sharing information about various diseases with government offices in charge of collecting this information.
- Compile statistics for the purpose of program development to enrich patient services.
- Disclose information to 3rd parties with your express consent.
All staff and students working with the Family Health Team are required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Any breach of confidentiality may be cause for disciplinary action and/or termination.
For privacy issues/concerns; contact:
Ellen Ibey, Executive Director and Privacy Officer
Telephone: (705) 569-3244, ext. 223
For more information regarding Ontario’s privacy legislation go to: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/providers/legislation/priv_legislation/overview_leg.pdf